Podcast: Play in new window
| Download (Duration: 1:00:07 — 27.5MB)
Podcast (oggcast): Play in new window
| Download (61.7MB)
Feature – Hacking, what is this you talk about ?
Well thinking this week what to talk about I thought I’d re spin the idea or interpretation of Hacking what it means to me, and how perhaps its received negative interpretations and I actually think it has a very general and broad interpretation and can be applied to all, yes all aspects of our life. I define it as “To understand well, by physically or mentally taking apart to see how the individual parts work, and putting back together with modifications of changes in the conscious hope that we make something better from it, and improve the tech”.
The photo is of some windows I’ve been hacking this week, about 10 years ago when I first tried making windows at our last homestead, I studied and took apart the old ones, and tried copying them with what I had. Back then I used only hand tools, but the amateur result worked well. Now I have some machines to speed things up, but the amateur results are still quite good, and whats more I’m learning things with my head and hands that can be applied to other aspects of life, so being richer for the experience.
- Czech Songs sung by Faith, my bestest wife
- Weather, has been windy and mostly dry, which is nice before winter hits
- Two new pigs from our neighbors, to replace the two that will be butered this week in our big celebration, so lots of potatoes and whey to prepare for them.
- Trying a new distro in a virtual machine, and learning alot. ArchLinux.org, am I cut out for becoming an Archer ?
- On Real food, my wife found a great film that you can see for free on Hulu, or clips at youtube “Big Fat Lies” Fat head